Hello! We’ve put a lot into this website to give you a good understanding of GradCRU at U-M. Hopefully many of your questions about GradCRU will be answered after reading what’s of interest to you in the website. GradCRU is the graduate student ministry at U-M of the international mission organization, CRU (formally Campus Crusade for Christ), which has a ministry presence in 191 nations, more than 25,000 staff members, and is on 1,029 universities in the U.S. and beyond.
GradCRU is for American and International Master, Ph.D. and Professional School graduate students — and Post-Docs and Visiting Scholars. While most graduate students who are involved are single, there are marrieds, those with children, and GradCRU is quite diverse. We are very active on campus in many different ways — and have a lot of fun together. You are welcome to participate to whatever extent you desire and what fits with your often rigorous schedule with no pressure (you get enough pressure just being in grad school).
At our core (our mission statement), GradCRU is a graduate community that seeks to stimulate and support each other to live out authentically and communicate meaningfully our faith in Christ in the midst of the University. And we want to think deeply about the integral relationship of our faith and our academics.
We value and promote “4 E’s”:
• E1: ENCOUNTER Jesus fully. (Romans 1:16)
• E2: ESTABLISH every Christian grad student in his or her faith. (Colossians 2:6-7)
• E3: EQUIP growing believers with effective ministry skills. (Ephesians 4:11)
• E4: ENTRUST maturing Christians to reproduce these distinctives around the world (2 Timothy 2:2)
Below is a listing of many of the opportunities gradCRU provides and are described throughout the website.
• Bible Study Groups • Large Group Meetings • Social Events, Game Nights, Parties, Sports • Day Long Getaways and Conferences • Conversations for Authentic Christian Living • Prayer • Campus-wide and Individual Outreach • Spiritual Mentoring/Discipleship • Groups of Three (G3) • Equipping Seminars • Investigative Bible Study Groups • Ministry Philosophy and Skills Training • Personal and Group Outreach • Spiritual Discipleship/Mentoring • Service to Others • Leading Investigative and Bible Study Groups • International Lecture and Mission Trips • Internships and GradCRU Staff • More •
GradCRU Group Email List: All the above opportunities don’t happen simultaneously, so the best way to be kept informed about upcoming events is to subscribe to the GradCRU Group Email List. Throughout the website on the top right of most pages look for the link “GET OUR GRADCRU EMAIL“. You can self-subscribe to the automated GradCRU Group Email List by submitting your email address and name (all GradCRU email allow you to unsubscribe yourself easily from the automated list, so try it out).
You also can become a FaceBook Fan of “GradCRU @ University of Michigan.”
If you have specific questions about GradCRU, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope you will join with us and contribute greatly to the GradCRU community at U-M.